Join Our Team
If you are looking for a rewarding job that enriches the lives of people with learning disabilities and/or autism, then read on!
You First is a locally based, locally managed, independent Social Enterprise that exists to enable adults with learning disabilities and/or autism to lead great lives. We are all about supporting people to grow their lives and to lead them in the way they wish, according to their own value set and in a way that makes sense to them.
As we are growing we are looking for people to join our highly skilled, motivated and compassionate Support Worker team. Experience is not essential as full training will be provided but you will need a compassionate nature, be a car driver, be able to work evenings and weekends and be able to take personal responsibility
Could You Be a Part of Our Team?
You First Will
- Pay £10.00 an hour from the moment you start working with us - there is no probation rate of pay.
- Weekends are paid at £10.25
- You will have 5.6 weeks of paid leave each year PLUS an additional days (pro-rata) paid leave that is allocated to your birthday
- We pay 22p per mile for every mile you travel, including commuting miles
- Sleep In duties are paid at £60.00
- People working Waking Nights are paid £10.65 per hour
- We offer permanent, full time, part time and casual contracts
- We do not use Zero Hour Contracts
- We provide an Occupational Pension
- We have an Employee Assistance Programme meaning you and your family have access to free and confidential 24-hour counselling and support
- We have a Staff Board that meets bi-monthly that works to support a positive employee experience for everyone who works with the Social Enterprise
- We meet the cost of your DBS check
- You will receive full training and bi-monthly supervision
- You will have the option to study for a nationally recognised Diploma
You will need to be a car driver and able to work some evenings and weekends and also sleep in on a roster basis.
If you want to join our creative, outward looking, expanding and dynamic organisation please explore our vacancies below and then complete the application form and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of this we will arrange an interview with you.
If you have any questions or queries please call the You First office on 01458 254040
We look forward to receiving your application!
We recruit on values. We are looking for Support Workers who:
- Are flexible and can work at the time the person who uses our service requires your support
- Are committed to providing quality, innovative, creative, flexible and responsive services
- Are gifted and effective communicators
- Display an empathic approach to providing support
- Are able to work as part of a team
- Understand all that is involved in delivering person centred support
- Are committed to enabling adults with learning disabilities to grow in independence and progress
- Work with people as ‘whole people’ and not just someone with needs
- Understand the importance and nature of emotional support
- Are positive, self motivated, reliable and have a “can do” attitude
- Want to add social value to the learning disability community
- Are committed to becoming the best Support Worker you can be through experience, dedication and training
- Can contribute thoughts and ideas to the development of You First Support Services