Join Our Team
If you are looking for a rewarding job that enriches the lives of people with learning disabilities and/or autism, then read on
You First is a locally based, locally managed, independent Social Enterprise that exists to enable adults with learning disabilities and/or autism to lead great lives. We are all about supporting people to grow their lives and to lead them in the way they wish, according to their own value set and in a way that makes sense to them.
As we are growing we are looking for people to join our highly skilled, motivated and compassionate Support Worker team. Experience is not essential as full training will be provided but you will need a compassionate nature, be a car driver, be able to work evenings and weekends and be able to take personal responsibility
Could You Be a Part of Our Team?
You First Will
- Pay £12.15 - £13.00 an hour from the moment you start working with us, there is no probation rate
- Weekends are paid at £12.40 per hour
- We pay 35p per mile for every mile you travel, including commuting miles
- Sleep In duties are paid at £60.00 - £65.00
- Waking Night Duties are paid £109.35 - £117.00 per night
- We offer permanent, full time, part time and casual contracts and you can choose what works best for you and your needs
- You will have a permanent contract that provides you with guaranteed regular hours
- You will have a full induction before commencing work and this will include person specific training and shadow supports
- Each team has a Slack (virtual message board) page when you can obtain feedback and support from fellow team members and managers
- We operate a 24-hour On Call facility, so you always have access to support in emergency situations
- We do not use Zero Hour Contracts
- We provide an occupational pension
- We have an Employee Assistance Programme meaning you and your family have access to free and confidential 24-hour counselling and support
- We meet the cost of your DBS check
- You will receive full training and bi-monthly supervision
- If you are new to social care, you will be supported through your Care Certificate in paid time
- You will have the option to study for a nationally recognised Diploma
- You will have your roster 4 weeks in advance, allowing you to plan your life! Your roster will be in the form of an App
You will need to be a car driver and able to work some evenings and weekends and also sleep in on a roster basis.
If you want to join our creative, outward looking, expanding and dynamic organisation please explore our vacancies below and then complete the online form. Upon receipt of this we will arrange an interview with you.
If you have any questions or queries please call the You First office on 01458 333 147.
We look forward to receiving your application!
We recruit on values. We are looking for Support Workers who:
- Are flexible and can work at the time the person who uses our service requires your support
- Are committed to providing quality, innovative, creative, flexible and responsive services
- Are gifted and effective communicators
- Display an empathic approach to providing support
- Are able to work as part of a team
- Understand all that is involved in delivering person centred support
- Are committed to enabling adults with learning disabilities to grow in independence and progress
- Work with people as ‘whole people’ and not just someone with needs
- Understand the importance and nature of emotional support
- Are positive, self motivated, reliable and have a “can do” attitude
- Want to add social value to the learning disability community
- Are committed to becoming the best Support Worker you can be through experience, dedication and training
- Can contribute thoughts and ideas to the development of You First Support Services