Join Our Team
We are looking for staff to join the You First Support Services team. We want people to join us who share our Social Mission. We want you to help us add social value to the learning disability community.
• We pay £8.85 an hour for working weekends
• Sleep In duties are paid at £35.00
• We offer permanent, full time, part time and casual contracts
• We do not use Zero Hour Contracts
• We provide an occupational pension
• We have an Employee Assistance Programme meaning you and your family have access to 24 hour counselling and support
• We will meet the cost of your DBS check provided you complete your probation period
• You will receive full training and monthly supervision
• You will have the option to study for a nationally recognised Diploma
Could You Be a Part of Our Team?
We recruit on values. We are looking for Support Workers who:
- Are flexible and can work at the time the person who uses our service requires your support
- Are committed to providing quality, innovative, creative, flexible and responsive services
- Are gifted and effective communicators
- Display an empathic approach to providing support
- Are able to work as part of a team
- Understand all that is involved in delivering person centred support
- Are committed to enabling adults with learning disabilities to grow in independence and progress
- Work with people as ‘whole people’ and not just someone with needs
- Understand the importance and nature of emotional support
- Are positive, self motivated, reliable and have a “can do” attitude
- Want to add social value to the learning disability community
- Are committed to becoming the best Support Worker you can be through experience, dedication and training
- Can contribute thoughts and ideas to the development of You First Support Services
Support Worker Learning Disabilities and Autism
You First is a locally based, locally managed, independent Social Enterprise that exists to enable adults with learning disabilities and/or autism to lead great lives. We are all about supporting people to grow their lives and to lead them in the way they wish, according to their own value set and in a way that makes sense to them.
Demand for the quality services You First provides continues to grow. This demand comes from people benefiting from truly person centred, individualised support. People with learning disabilities and/or autism are enjoying positive outcomes thanks to the way we approach support through our dedicated Support Worker team.
As we are growing we are looking for people to join our highly skilled, motivated and compassionate Support Worker team in the Trowbridge, Wiltshire area. Experience is not essential as full training will be provided but you will need a compassionate nature, be a car driver, be able to work evenings and weekends and be able to take personal responsibility.
You First Will:
- Pay you £8.10 per hour Monday – Friday, rising to £8.15 following successful completion of probation
- Pay you £8.85 for weekend working
- Pay 22p for every mile you travel, including commuting miles
- Pay Sleep-ins in line with National Minimum Wage Regulations
- Provide Induction and on-going training
- Facilitate Promotion opportunities
- Provide an Employee Assistance Programme giving you and your family 24 hour access to free and confidential counselling and support
If you want to join our creative, outward looking, expanding and dynamic organisation please submit your CV. You will then be asked to complete a full application form and upon receipt of this we will arrange an interview with you.
You can contact us by calling 01458 254040 or via email: email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your application!