Support Worker: Taunton area
Support Worker Vacancy
Various hours on a roster basis from part to full time
Position involves alternate weekend working
£10.00 - £10.65 per hour
What does You First do?
You First specialises in supporting people with learning disabilities and/or autism to lead great lives! As a Support Worker you will support people to lead lives that hold value and worth and that make sense to them. You will support people to increase their independence, grow in confidence and self-esteem and become increasingly self-managing.
How do we do it?
You First recruits specific teams in geographical areas. We match staff to customers as we believe relationship is the bedrock of social care. The customer is always central to this process and we listen to their feedback.
What does a Support Worker do?
Support Workers support people with a learning disability and/or autism to build and grow their lives by achieving individual life goals and aspirations. You will enable people to lead a life in which they have a meaningful role within their local community and where they can begin to foster naturally occurring social networks of support thus reducing their dependency upon paid staff.
You will act as a Buddy; an Enabler. You will support people to look after their home, live within their Tenancy Agreement, shop, budget, cook and access their local community. You might help people access further education or sport and leisure facilities and thus make good and effective use of community resources. You will enable people to participate in their interests and hobbies and build a reliable social network of friends.
Only a very few of our customers require support with personal care, the emphasis is on social support.
Will I receive training?
Yes! Whilst You First provides a specialist service no previous experience is necessary as full and in-depth training is provided from a dedicated management team. We are committed to supporting you in becoming the best Support Worker you can be!
When you join You First as a Support Worker you will be:
- Taken through an induction course
- Signed up for the Care Certificate (a recognised qualification)
- Assigned a series of shadow support sessions to introduce you to our customers
- Assigned a named Supervisor whom you meet with regularly
- Assigned a Buddy who will support you to settle into your new role
We are looking for people who are:
- Dedicated to supporting vulnerable adults in their own homes
- Able to work evenings and weekends on a roster basis
- Car drivers
You First will:
- Pay £10.00 per hour Monday – Friday, from the moment you start working with us, no probation rates!
- Pay £10.25 for weekend working
- Pay 22p for every mile you travel, including commuting miles
- Pay £60.00 per sleep in
- Pay £10.65 an hour for people who choose to work waking night supports
- Provide Induction and on-going training
- Facilitate Promotion opportunities
- Provide an Employee Assistance Programme giving you and your family 24 hour access to free and confidential counselling and support
- Ensure you have your rota 4 weeks in advance
- Ensure you have your birthday as an additional days paid leave
- Role you into an attractive pension scheme
Click on "More Information" and this will take you to our on line application form.
For more information, call 0300 111 9999 or email Nathalie John, our Operations Director.
We look forward to your application!