Join A's Team - Yeovil
SUPPORT WORKER VACANCY
10 Hours per week (with the option of increasing your hours by supporting other people)
Current Support Pattern:
09.00 – 10.00
12.30 – 13.30
17.00 – 18.00
£9.00 per hour RISING to £9.35 upon successful completion of probation.
£9.50 at weekends
You first support services is a local social enterprise specialising in delivering a range of support solutions for adults with learning disabilities, autism and/or a mental health condition.
We are looking for support workers to join A’s team. Full training and professional development will be provided throughout employment.
A is a man living independently in Yeovil, Somerset. He needs support to maintain his emotional wellbeing. He needs help to maintain his home and to remain physically well. He has a keen interest in jigsaw puzzles, colouring, chatting, and reminiscing about Yeovil of the past. T likes people with a good sense of humour.
You must be to work evenings and weekends on a roster basis and be a driver with access to a vehicle.
WHAT DOES A SUPPORT WORKER DO?
Support Workers support people with a learning disability and/or autism to build and grow their lives by achieving individual life goals and aspirations. You will enable people to lead a life in which they have a meaningful role within their local community and where they can begin to foster naturally occurring social networks of support thus reducing their dependency upon paid staff.
YOU FIRST WILL:
• Pay £9.00 an hour, RISING to £9.35 an hour for weekday hours upon successful completion of your probation.
• Weekends are paid at £9.50
• We pay 22p per mile for every mile you travel, including commuting miles
• Sleep In duties are paid at £50.00
• We offer permanent, full time, part time and casual contracts
• We do not use Zero Hour Contracts
• We provide an occupational pension
• We have an Employee Assistance Programme meaning you and your family have access to free and confidential 24-hour counselling and support
• We meet the cost of your DBS check
• You will receive full training and bi-monthly supervision
• You will have the option to study for a nationally recognised Diploma
You will need to be a car driver and able to work evenings, weekends and sleep in support on a roster basis.
If you require any further information, please call the You First office, asking for Nathalie John on 0300 111 9999