We Provide Support To Adults With Learning Disabilities
Thank you for visiting our website. Please take your time to look at the pages here and please ask if you need any help.
who are you first support services?
We are a company called You First Support Services. We have given ourselves this name because we want to show you that you are the most important person to us. Our job is to help you live your life in the way you want to live it. We will help you do the things you want to do, in the way and at the time you want to do them.
We have put some links in this site that your family, friends, Social Worker, Advocate or Housing Officer may wish to read.
You Can Help Manage You First Support Services.
We Want You To Help Manage You First Support Services.
We will listen to the things you tell us about our service and we will change the way we do things to make them better. We will then ask you if you think things have got better.
We have a group that you can join where you can talk about the things we do and the way we do them with your friends. We are happy to hear about the things that go wrong or those things that you do not like. You can then tell us about the changes you want. You can choose to have someone you know come to meetings with you. You can send someone to our meetings and they can tell us the things that you would like done differently.
You may want to apply for a job and work with us, for example answering the phone or talking to people about our services and how we have helped you. You may want to volunteer with us, or train with us to learn new skills and grow in confidence. You can help check the things we do to make sure we do them well and properly and let us know the results.
- We are a different kind of company called a Social Enterprise. This means we want to help you make your life and your community better. We do this by listening to you and helping you do the things you want to do.
- The money we make doing this is put back into You First Support Services in order for us to do this in even better ways in the future.
- The support we provide is all about you. You tell us what, where, when and with whom and we write this down and make sure it happens in the way you want. We know you like things to happen at the time you want. We know you like to choose who supports you. We know that you like things to happen in the same way, so we work very hard to make sure this happens.
- We will ask you about the help and support you need and talk with you about what we have agreed. We will confirm what we are doing and why we are doing it. We know that the things you want to do might change. Your needs might also change. We will change the way we do things in line with the things you and others who help you tell us.
- We will help you set goals to do the things you have always wanted to do.
- We work very flexibly, so we can help you at the times you want or need our help.
We Are Committed To:
- Maintaining your quality of life
- Helping you achieve your own personal goals
- Respecting your privacy, dignity and self-respect
- Providing you with high quality and good value
- Ensuring that you feel supported and have trust and confidence in us and the support we provide
- Supporting you to have choice and control over your service
- Respecting and recognising that everyone is different and treating everyone equally
- Working with all professionals involved in your care and support
- Being honest with you at all times
Who Manages You First Support Services?
How Much Will I Have To Pay For My Support Services?
This will depend upon the amount of support you need and what your income is. We will sit with you and talk to you about the support you need and how much this will cost to provide. We will tell you about all our charges and about your different options. You can invite other people to this meeting to listen to what we have to say. Your family, friends, advocate or Social Worker might want to be there. Our charges are very reasonable and the services we provide are value for money.
You can pay using Direct Payments, through an Individual Service Fund or through a Council Managed Budget. We will write down all the support you need; how much this will cost and put this in your support plan.
How Do I Find Out More?
Just ask and we will help you find out more information.
You can fill in the form on this website, or ask someone to do this for you, and post it to us. You can ring us up on the telephone. You can email us.
Your family, friends, advocate, Housing Officer, Social Worker, or anyone you know can contact us for you. When we receive this form or a request we will contact you in the way you ask us too. We will arrange to meet you. We will then talk with you about the things you would like us to help you with. After we talk, you can say that you want more information or time to think. It is also alright for you to say that you do not want our services.
Join Our Team
We are looking for enthusiastic, dedicated, professional and caring people to join our Support Worker team.