You First Support Services is a Somerset based, independent Social Enterprise that has the Social Mission of tackling social isolation for people with learning disabilities and/or autism. Our team of highly motivated Support Workers enable people to lead great lives through encouraging people to exercise choice and control over their lives.
Due to rapid growth in the Yeovil area we are currently recruiting Support Workers to both full and part time contracts.
Support Workers enable people with a learning disability and/or autism to:
- Have a meaningful role within their local community
- Make use of community resources and facilities
- Develop friendships and meaningful social networks
- Become increasingly independent and less reliant upon paid support
- Access learning and work opportunities
- Take control of their own lives
We are looking for people who have:
- A firm commitment to equal opportunity
- Good communication skills
- An empathic nature
- Good enabling skills
You will need to be:
- Emotionally intelligent
- A team player
You First will:
- Pay above the National Living Wage, rewarding Support Workers with £7.85 an hour on weekdays
- Weekends are paid at £8.85
- We pay 22p per mile for every mile you travel, including commuting miles
- Sleep In duties are paid at £35.00
- We offer permanent, full time, part time and casual contracts
- We do not use Zero Hour Contracts
- We provide an occupational pension
- We have an Employee Assistance Programme meaning you and your family have access to free and confidential 24 hour counselling and support
- We meet the cost of your DBS check
- You will receive full training and monthly supervision
- You will have the option to study for a nationally recognised Diploma
Having a full driving license and access to a vehicle is an essential requirement of the role.
Call the You First office on 01458 254040 for further information or email Jack Donovan
Other You First Support Services News
Support Team Pay Rise!
As part of our commitment to driving up standards in Social Care You First are proud to announce an increase...Read More
You First has created a new and exciting video that talks of the individualised and personalised support we...Read More
You First is in demand!
Support Worker Vacancies Wells, Glastonbury, Street, Yeovil, Ilminster and Trowbridge FULL, PART TIME...Read More
Recruiting in Yeovil
Support Worker Vacancy Yeovil, Somerset Learning Disabilities and Autism You First Support Services...Read More
You First is a locally based Social Enterprise that provides bespoke and individualised support for people...Read More
It is really exciting to be able to report that You First continues to grow which means that our team of dedicated...Read More
Autism and Me
This is one of the best videos I've seen of people describing living with autism. When You have...Read More
CQC Rates You First "Good"
I am really pleased to be able to announce that You First has been inspected by the Care Quality Commission....Read More
Yeovil Support Worker Opportunities!
Support Worker Vacancies Full and Part Time hours available YEOVIL AREA Our services in Yeovil are...Read More
Waking Night Staff Vacancies
Hours: 2200 - 0700 (9 hours per night) You First Support Services CIC is a locally based, independent Social...Read More
Jaime Taylor Joins You First
I am thrilled to be able to announce that Jaime Taylor is joining You First Support Services in the position...Read More
You First Support Services Video
You First Support Services is a local, independent Social Enterprise formed as a Community Interest Company....Read More