Taunton Support Worker Vacancy
Support Worker Vacancies
Various hours, from part to full time.
£8.30 - £8.85 per hour
Sleep-ins paid at £50.00
You First is a Social Enterprise that provides community based support for adults with learning disabilities and/or autism. We are looking for people to join our Support Worker team in Taunton. As a Support Worker you would support and enable people to achieve the ambition they have for their lives and work in a way that truly connects people with their local community.
Experience is not essential as full training will be provided but you will need a compassionate nature, be a car driver, be able to work evenings and weekends and be able to take personal responsibility.
As a Support Worker will you support people in their own homes to live and grow their lives in a way that makes sense to them. This may include encouraging and supporting domestic tasks, social and leisure activities, supporting health and well-being, supporting people to live within their tenancy agreement and to access and take advantage of their local community facilities and amenities. It’s also about discovering the goals and aspirations a person has and supporting them to accomplish these things.
You will need to be a car driver with access to a vehicle and be able to work evenings and weekends on a roster basis.
You First Will:
• Pay £8.30 an hour, rising to £8.35 an hour for weekday hours upon successful completion of your probation.
• Weekends are paid at the enhanced rate of £8.85
• You will have 5.6 weeks of paid leave each year PLUS an additional days (pro-rata) paid leave that is allocated to your birthday
• We pay 22p per mile for every mile you travel, including commuting miles
• Sleep In duties are paid at £50.00
• We offer permanent, full time, part time and casual contracts
• We do not use Zero Hour Contracts
• We provide an Occupational Pension
• We have an Employee Assistance Programme meaning you and your family have access to free and confidential 24-hour counselling and support
• We have a Staff Board that meets bi-monthly that works to support a positive employee experience for everyone who works with the Social Enterprise
• We meet the cost of your DBS check
• You will receive full training and bi-monthly supervision
• You will have the option to study for a nationally recognised Diploma
You will need to be a car driver and able to work some evenings and weekends and also sleep in on a roster basis.
If you have any questions or queries about this position, please contact the You First office on 0300 111 9999 asking for Nathalie, Sam or Liza, or email us on email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your application!