Support Worker Vacancy: Wells
SUPPORT WORKER VACANCIES
WELLS AND SURROUNDING AREA
30 HOURS PER WEEK
WORK TO INCLUDE EVENINGS AND WEEKENDS ON A ROSTER BASIS
FULL DRIVING LICENSE AND ACCESS TO A VEHICLE ESSENTIAL
£9.00 per hour Monday – Friday pre-induction
£9.50 at weekends from immediate start
WHO IS YOU FIRST?
You First is a dynamic Social Enterprise that provides innovative and creative community-based support solutions for people with a learning disability, a mental health condition and/or autism.
We are not a traditional care provider, rather we work with people to enable them to live their best lives and we do this by focusing on people’s strengths and abilities. We work closely with people, discovering their goals and ambitions and enabling them to achieve and fulfil these.
You can find out more about us by visiting our Facebook page
HOW DO WE PROVIDE SUPPORT?
We deliver support via small Micro-Teams. A Micro-Team is made up of a small group of people who have been matched with the person supported and work closely with that individual. Micro-Teams work because everything is built on relationship both with the person supported and with your colleagues.
HOW ARE TEAM MEMBERS SUPPORTED?
- You will have a full Induction before you start working with people and this will include person specific training for the people you will be working with Each Micro-Team has a SLACK channel (virtual message board) where you can communicate and obtain support from team members
- You First has a 24 hour On Call facility, so you are never really on your own
- You will have bi-monthly One-to-One sessions with a senior member of the team
- Full and on-going training will be provided
- If you are new to Social Care you will be supported through your Care Certificate. This is dedicated training that will support you in understanding the Support Worker role and the nature of support
- You will have your working roster 4 weeks in advance, so you can plan your life! Your roster is in the form of an App
- You will be assigned a Buddy as well as a Supervisor
For more information please email Nathalie John or call 0300 111 9999.