Support Worker Vacancies – Yeovil Area
Multiple hours and positions available
What does You First do?
You First specialises in supporting people with learning disabilities and/or autism to lead great lives! As a Support Worker you will support people to lead lives that hold value and worth and that make sense to them. You will support people to increase their independence, grow in confidence and self-esteem and become increasingly self-managing.
How do we do it?
You First recruits’ specific teams in geographical areas. We match staff to customers as we believe relationship is the bedrock of social care. The customer is always central to this process and we listen to their feedback.
What does a Support Worker do?
Support Workers support people with a learning disability and/or autism to build and grow their lives by achieving individual life goals and aspirations. You will enable people to lead a life in which they have a meaningful role within their local community and where they can begin to foster naturally occurring social networks of support thus reducing their dependency upon paid staff.
Only a very few of our customers require support with personal care, the emphasis is on social support.
You First will:
• Pay you £8.30 an hour, rising to £8.35 an hour for weekday hours upon successful completion of your probation.
• Weekends are paid at the enhanced rate of £8.85
• We pay 22p per mile for every mile you travel, including commuting miles
• Sleep In duties are paid at £50.00
• We offer permanent, full time, part time and casual contracts
• We do not use Zero Hour Contracts
• We provide an occupational pension
• We have an Employee Assistance Programme meaning you and your family have access to free and confidential 24-hour counselling and support
• We meet the cost of your DBS check
• You will receive full training and bi-monthly supervision
• You will have the option to study for a nationally recognised Diploma
• You will need to be a car driver and able to work evenings, weekends and sleep in support on a roster basis.
If you require any further information, please call the You First office on 01458 254040