Support Worker: Trowbridge, Wiltshire
Support Worker Learning Disabilities and Autism
JOIN A's Support Team
You First is a Social Enterprise that provides community based support for adults with learning disabilities and/or autism. We are looking for people to join our Support Worker team in Trowbridge. As a Support Worker you would support and enable people to achieve the ambition they have for their lives and work in a way that truly connects people with their local community.
Experience is not essential as full training will be provided but you will need a compassionate nature, be a car driver, be able to work evenings and weekends and be able to take personal responsibility.
A is a man living independently in Trowbridge, Wiltshire. A needs support to maintain his routine as structure and predictability are important to him. He needs help to maintain his home and get out and about.
- A likes people with a good sense of humour. He has a keen interest in walking, the gym, fishing and television.
- He is supported on a 24-hour basis.
- There are a range of support hours available including sleep in support.
- Full training will be provided.
You First Will:
- Pay £9.00 an hour, rising to £9.35 an hour for weekday hours upon successful completion of your probation.
- Weekends are paid at the enhanced rate of £9.50
- You will have 5.6 weeks of paid leave each year PLUS an additional days (pro-rata) paid leave that is allocated to your birthday
- We pay 22p per mile for every mile you travel, including commuting miles
- Sleep In duties are paid at £50.00
- We offer permanent, full time, part time and casual contracts
- We do not use Zero Hour Contracts
- We provide an Occupational Pension
- We have an Employee Assistance Programme meaning you and your family have access to free and confidential 24-hour counselling and support
- We have a Staff Board that meets bi-monthly that works to support a positive employee experience for everyone who works with the Social Enterprise
- We meet the cost of your DBS check
- You will receive full training and bi-monthly supervision
- You will have the option to study for a nationally recognised Diploma
- You will need to be a car driver and able to work some evenings and weekends and also sleep in on a roster basis.
If you have any questions or queries about this position, please contact the You First office on 0300 111 9999 or email us by clicking here
We look forward to receiving your application!