Support Worker: Martock, Somerset
Support Worker Learning Disabilities and Autism
If you are looking for a rewarding job that enriches the lives of people with learning disabilities and/or autism, then read on!
You First is a locally based, locally managed, independent Social Enterprise that exists to enable adults with learning disabilities and/or autism to lead great lives. We are all about supporting people to grow their lives and to lead them in the way they wish, according to their own value set and in a way that makes sense to them.
Demand for the quality services You First provides continues to grow. This demand comes from people benefiting from truly person centred, individualised support. People with learning disabilities and/or autism are enjoying positive outcomes thanks to the way we approach support through our dedicated Support Worker team.
As we are growing we are looking for people to join our highly skilled, motivated and compassionate Support Worker team. Experience is not essential as full training will be provided but you will need a compassionate nature, be a car driver, be able to work evenings and weekends and be able to take personal responsibility.
You First Will Pay:
- £9.00 per hour Monday – Friday, rising to £9.35 following successful completion of probation
- £9.50 for weekend working
- 22p for every mile you travel, including commuting miles
- Sleep-ins in line with National Minimum Wage Regulations
You First Offers:
- Permanent, full time, part time and casual contracts (NOT Zero Hour Contracts)
- An occupational pension
- An Employee Assistance Programme meaning you and your family have access to free and confidential 24-hour counselling and support
- We meet the cost of your DBS check
- Full Induction
- On-going training and bi-monthly supervision
- The option to study for a nationally recognised Diploma
- Promotion opportunities
You will need to be a car driver and able to work evenings, weekends and sleep in support on a roster basis
If you want to join our creative, outward looking, expanding and dynamic organisation please submit your CV and complete our on-line application form.
For more information call 0300 111 9999 or email Nathalie John, Operational Director, by clicking here
We look forward to receiving your application!