Support Worker: Glastonbury and Wells, Somerset
Support Worker Vacancies
GLASTONBURY AND WELLS, SOMERSET
Various hours, from part to full time.
£8.30 - £8.85 per hour
Sleep-ins paid at £50.00
You First is a Social Enterprise that provides community based support for adults with learning disabilities and/or autism. We are looking for people to join our Support Worker team in Glastonbury and Wells. As a Support Worker you would support and enable people to achieve the ambition they have for their lives and work in a way that truly connects people with their local community.
Experience is not essential as full training will be provided but you will need a compassionate nature, be a car driver, be able to work evenings and weekends and be able to take personal responsibility.
As a Support Worker will you support people in their own homes to live and grow their lives in a way that makes sense to them. This may include encouraging and supporting domestic tasks, social and leisure activities, supporting health and well-being, supporting people to live within their tenancy agreement and to access and take advantage of their local community facilities and amenities. It’s also about discovering the goals and aspirations a person has and supporting them to accomplish these things.
You will need to be a car driver with access to a vehicle and be able to work evenings and weekends on a roster basis.
You First Will:
• Pay £8.30 an hour, rising to £8.35 an hour for weekday hours upon successful completion of your probation.
• Weekends are paid at the enhanced rate of £8.85
• You will have 5.6 weeks of paid leave each year PLUS an additional days (pro-rata) paid leave that is allocated to your birthday
• We pay 22p per mile for every mile you travel, including commuting miles
• Sleep In duties are paid at £50.00
• We offer permanent, full time, part time and casual contracts
• We do not use Zero Hour Contracts
• We provide an Occupational Pension
• We have an Employee Assistance Programme meaning you and your family have access to free and confidential 24-hour counselling and support
• We have a Staff Board that meets bi-monthly that works to support a positive employee experience for everyone who works with the Social Enterprise
• We meet the cost of your DBS check
• You will receive full training and bi-monthly supervision
• You will have the option to study for a nationally recognised Diploma
You will need to be a car driver and able to work some evenings and weekends and also sleep in on a roster basis.
We look forward to receiving your application!