Male Support Worker - Yeovil
Male Support Worker
37 hours per week
About You First
You First is a “not for private profit” Social Enterprise that exists to enable people with learning disabilities, autism and/or mental illness to build and grow their lives in a way that makes sense to them.
You can read all about us on our website.
R is looking for male Support Workers to join his team.
R lives independently in Yeovil and is looking for Male Support Workers to help him build and grow his life. R loves music, cycling, his remote-control car and getting out and about. He has a learning disability and a mental health illness. He needs support to maintain his emotional wellbeing.
R needs resilient male support staff that can help him feel safe and who can work with him in a therapeutic way that promotes that.
His support does not involve Personal Care.
What Do You First Team Members say about You First?
Here’s what 5 male Support Workers have to say about working with You First:
“I left the corporate jungle to try to give something back to society - to the community. I stopped programming computers and started supporting all kinds of people to find their own dignity, respect, independence, and a valued place in their own communities.”
“Being a Support Worker is the most rewarding work ever; I love seeing individuals with all different types of disabilities achieving their goals in life; even things they never thought they could do!”
“I feel very valued as a member of the You First team. I thoroughly enjoy the work, not only from the organisational perspective but most importantly from the perspective of the people we support. To me, it’s not a job, but a way of life.”
“What is truly amazing about You First is that all of the people we support are treated as unique individuals with a full understanding of their needs and aspirations, which enables us as a Social Enterprise to focus fully on a person-centred, individualised and personalised support.”
“Never have I seen such a committed effort to get the best possible care for people who need it most. I am very grateful to You First and am proud to be a part of something that has had such a positive impact, both on its staff and the people it supports.”
- Pay £9.00 an hour, rising to £9.35 an hour for weekday hours upon successful completion of your probation (this takes 6 months to complete)
- Weekends are paid at £9.50 from the moment you are appointed.
- We pay 22p per mile for every mile you travel, including commuting miles
- Sleep In duties are paid at £50.00
- This is a permanent, full time contract with guaranteed hours
- We do not use Zero Hour Contracts
- We provide an occupational pension
- We have an Employee Assistance Programme meaning you and your family have access to free and confidential 24-hour counselling and support
- We meet the cost of your DBS check
- You will receive full training and bi-monthly supervision
- You will have the option to study for a nationally recognised Diploma
- You will need to be able to work evenings, weekends and sleep-in support on a roster basis.
You must be a driver with access to a vehicle.
A typical support session with R would be from 14:00 – 22:00, you would then sleep at his property in the guest room and support him from 07:00 – 14:00 the following day. Working this pattern twice a week equates to 30 hours. You would then support R (or perhaps another individual in the Yeovil area) for a 7-hour support session meeting your 37 hour contract. You will work 5 days over a 7-day week.
For more information, please call 0300 111 9999 or email email@example.com
Please note that due to the specific nature of the work required for this position, it is an occupational requirement for the Support Worker to be male and this requirement is a proportionate means of achieving a legitimate aim, in accordance with Schedule 9, paragraph 1 Equality Act 2010