Join T and J's Team! Glastonbury
SUPPORT WORKER VACANCY
20 HOURS A WEEK
£12.00 AN HOUR
You First is a “not for profit” Social Enterprise that supports adults with learning disabilities, autism and/or mental health illness to live their best lives. We exist to make a real and lasting social difference, seeing people build and grow their lives according to their own values and world view.
We achieve this by building small teams of Support Workers (Micro-Teams) around the person supported. Micro-Teams enable the development of empowering relationships, based on mutual trust and respect, and they ensure that the person supported maintains full control over how their support looks.
As a member of a Micro-Team, you would be supporting people who live independently, on their own, in their own homes. You might visit 2 or 3 people in one day, or you may support just one person for a longer period
Support is provided on a one-to-one basis in the community. You will need to have a full driving license and access to a reliable vehicle
For this position your main activity will be supporting T and J who live in Glastonbury.
T is in his sixties and lives independently in Glastonbury. T has a learning disability and autism and communicates non-verbally. He enjoys motor car racing, football, eating out, tending his garden, people watching and getting out and about. T loves to socialise with friends.
J has autism, anxiety and sensory processing disorder and also hoards. J needs support from people who can provide emotional support, use active listening skills, and are skilled in distraction and deflection techniques.
For working with both T and J you will be paid £12.00 an hour.
YOU FIRST OFFERS A RANGE OF BENEFITS, SUCH AS:
- Pay £10.50 - £12.00 an hour from the moment you start working with us, there is no probation rate. For working with both T and J you will be paid £12.00 an hour from the moment you start working with us.
- Weekends are paid at £10.75 - £12.00 per hour. For this position you will be paid £12.00 at weekends.
- We pay 22p per mile for every mile you travel, including commuting miles
- Sleep In duties are paid at £60.00
- Waking Night Duties are paid £96.75 - £105.00 per night
- We offer permanent, full time, part time and casual contracts and you can choose which contract works best for you and your needs
- You will have a permanent contract that provides you with guaranteed regular hours
- You will have a full induction before commencing work and this will include person specific training and shadow supports
- Each team has a Slack (virtual message board) page when you can obtain feedback and support from fellow team members and managers
- We operate a 24-hour On Call facility, so you always have access to support in emergency situations
- We do not use Zero Hour Contracts
- We provide an occupational pension
- We have an Employee Assistance Programme meaning you and your family have access to free and confidential 24-hour counselling and support
- We meet the cost of your DBS check
- You will receive full training and bi-monthly supervision
- If you are new to social care, you will be supported through your Care Certificate in paid time
- You will have the option to study for a nationally recognised Diploma
- You will have your roster 4 weeks in advance, allowing you to plan your life! Your roster will be in the form of an App