Join R's Team in Yeovil
You First Support Services is a Social Enterprise specialising in delivering a range of support solutions for adults with learning disabilities and/or autism.
R is a 50 year old man living independently in Yeovil, Somerset. He loves music, cycling, his remote-control car and getting out and about. R has a learning disability and a mental health condition. He needs support to maintain his emotional wellbeing. He needs people that can help him feel safe and who can work with him in a way that promotes that. His support does not involve Personal Care.
What does a Support Worker do?
Support Workers support people with a learning disability and/or autism to build and grow their lives by achieving individual life goals and aspirations. You will enable people to lead a life in which they have a meaningful role within their local community and where they can begin to foster naturally occurring social networks of support thus reducing their dependency upon paid staff.
Full training will be provided.
You First will:
•• Pay you £8.30 an hour, rising to £8.35 an hour for weekday hours upon successful completion of your probation.
• Weekends are paid at the enhanced rate of £8.85
• We pay 22p per mile for every mile you travel, including commuting miles
• Sleep In duties are paid at £50.00
• We offer permanent, full time, part time and casual contracts
• We do not use Zero Hour Contracts
• We provide an occupational pension
• We have an Employee Assistance Programme meaning you and your family have access to free and confidential 24-hour counselling and support
• We meet the cost of your DBS check
• You will receive full training and bi-monthly supervision
• You will have the option to study for a nationally recognised Diploma
• You will need to be able to work evenings, weekends and sleep in support on a roster basis.
If you require any further information, please call the You First office on 01458 254040.