Join P's Team in the Yeovil Area
You First Support Services is a Social Enterprise specialising in delivering a range of community-based support solutions for adults with learning disabilities and/or autism.
P is a 30 year old lady living independently in the Yeovil area, Somerset. She loves spending time in her allotment, going to the gym, swimming, volunteering at a local radio station and getting out and about.
P has a learning disability and autism. She needs support to maintain her emotional wellbeing and to navigate day to day life. P needs support staff that can help her feel safe and who can work with her in a therapeutic way that promotes that. Her support does not involve Personal Care.
What does a Support Worker do?
Support Workers support people with a learning disability and/or autism to build and grow their lives by achieving individual life goals and realising ambition. You will enable people to lead a life in which they have a meaningful role within their local community and where they can begin to foster naturally occurring social networks of support and develop community roles of value.
Full and on-going training will be provided.
You First will:
• Pay £9.00 an hour, rising to £9.35 an hour for weekday hours upon successful completion of your probation.
• Weekends are paid at £9.50
• Pay 22p per mile for every mile you travel, including commuting miles
• Pay Sleep In duties at £50.00
You First offers:
• Permanent, full time, part time and casual contracts
• We do not use Zero Hour Contracts
• We provide an occupational pension
• We have an Employee Assistance Programme meaning you and your family have access to free and confidential 24-hour counselling and support
• We meet the cost of your DBS check
• You will receive full training and bi-monthly supervision
• You will have the option to study for a nationally recognised Diploma
• You will need to be able to work evenings, weekends and sleep in support on a roster basis.
If you require any further information, please call the You First office on 01458 254040.