Join Our Yeovil Team!
Support Worker Vacancies (Learning Disabilities and Autism)
Join Our Yeovil Team!
25 Hours per week (contracted, guaranteed hours)
You First is a locally based and locally managed Social Enterprise that exists to see people with learning disabilities, autism and/or mental health illness live their best lives. We are not a traditional care provider, rather we work to support people in living their best lives and we do this by focusing on people’s strengths and abilities. We work closely with people, discovering their goals and ambitions and designing support in such a way that people achieve these.
You can check out our You Tube channel where some of our Support Workers talk about what the role means to them.
We also have a Facebook page, which you may find interesting.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, committed, motivated and compassionate individual to join our Yeovil Micro Team.
You will be supporting people with learning disabilities, autism and/or mental health illness to build and grow their lives in ways that are meaningful and that make sense to them. You will be working to enable people live life the way they wish.
We deliver support via small Micro-Teams. A Micro-Team is made up of a small group of people who have been matched with the person supported and work closely with that individual. Micro-Teams work because everything is built on relationship, both with the person supported and with your colleagues.
Full and on-going training and support will be provided.
You will need to have a full driving license and be able to work days, evenings and weekends on a roster basis.
You First Will:
• Pay £10.00 an hour from the moment you start working with us, there is no probation rate
• Weekends are paid at £10.25
• We pay 22p per mile for every mile you travel, including commuting miles
• Sleep In duties are paid at £60.00
• You will be assigned a Buddy as well as a Supervisor
• We offer full time, part time and casual contracts
• You will have a permanent contract that provides you with guaranteed regular hours
• You will have a full induction before commencing work and this will include person specific training and shadow supports
• Each team has a Slack (virtual message board) page when you can obtain feedback and support from fellow team members and managers
• We operate a 24-hour On Call facility
• We do not use Zero Hour Contracts
• We provide an occupational pension
• We have an Employee Assistance Programme meaning you and your family have access to free and confidential 24-hour counselling and support
• We meet the cost of your DBS check
• You will receive full training and bi-monthly supervision
• If you are new to social care, you will be supported through your Care Certificate in paid time
• You will have the option to study for a nationally recognised Diploma
• You will have your roster 4 weeks in advance, allowing you to plan your life! Your roster will be in the form of an App
For more information, please call Sue or Nathalie on 0300 111 9999