Join our Taunton Team!
You First is a Social Enterprise that supports people with learning disabilities to build and grow their lives. We achieve this by building small teams – we call them Micro-Teams – around people who are a match for them and who will enable them to lead great lives.
3 people we support are looking for people to join their Micro-Team:
Annie is a young woman with autism who needs support to build her life in the community with her young child. Annie needs support Monday to Friday during school hours. She needs support to cook, organise her home, appointments and activities with her child.
Adam is a man with emotional wellbeing needs. Adam needs support on a Tuesday and Thursday during school hours. Adam needs support to go shopping, attend medical appointments and connect with his hobbies/interests.
Alexandra is young woman with autism who has her own flat in Taunton. She has a full time job and needs some support in the evenings to organise her time, connect with her hobbies/interests, shop and cook. Alexandra needs support five evenings per week 17.00 to 19.00.
These will be part time Support Worker positions. For people who are looking for hours in excess of this please contact us as we have other posts available that might suit you.
You First Will:
- Pay £8.30 an hour, rising to £8.35 an hour for weekday hours upon successful completion of your probation. These rates are under review and are set to rise in the New Year.
- Weekends are paid at £8.85
- You will have 5.6 weeks of paid leave each year PLUS an additional days (pro-rata) paid leave that is allocated to your birthday
- We pay 22p per mile for every mile you travel, including commuting miles
- Sleep In duties are paid at £50.00
- People working Waking Nights are paid £10.46 per hour
- We offer permanent, full time, part time and casual contracts
- We do not use Zero Hour Contracts
- We provide an Occupational Pension
- We have an Employee Assistance Programme meaning you and your family have access to free and confidential 24-hour counselling and support
- We have a Staff Board that meets bi-monthly that works to support a positive employee experience for everyone who works with the Social Enterprise
- We meet the cost of your DBS check
- You will receive full training and bi-monthly supervision
- You will have the option to study for a nationally reco gnised Diploma
For further informationplease email Nathalie John, Operational Director, or call 01458 254040 asking for Nathalie, Liza or Sam.