Join J's Team in Yeovil
You First Support Services is a local Social Enterprise specialising in delivering a range of support solutions for adults with learning disabilities, autism and/or a mental health condition.
We are looking for support workers to join J’s team and we have various hours available. Full training and professional development will be provided throughout employment.
J is a man living independently in Yeovil, Somerset. J needs support to maintain his emotional wellbeing. He needs help to maintain his home and get out and about in his community. He has a keen interest in cars, fishing, football and reality television and likes people with a good sense of humour. J is supported on a 24-hour basis and his support does not involve Personal Care.
You must be able to sleep-in, working evenings and weekends on a roster basis and be a driver with access to a vechicle.
What does a Support Worker do?
Support Workers support people with a learning disability and/or autism to build and grow their lives by achieving individual life goals and aspirations. You will enable people to lead a life in which they have a meaningful role within their local community and where they can begin to foster naturally occurring social networks of support thus reducing their dependency upon paid staff.
You First will:
- Pay you £9.00 an hour, rising to £9.30 an hour for weekday hours upon successful completion of your probation.
- Weekends are paid at the enhanced rate of £9.50
- We pay 22p per mile for every mile you travel, including commuting miles
- Sleep In duties are paid at £50.00
- We offer permanent, full time, part time and casual contracts
- We do not use Zero Hour Contracts
- We provide an occupational pension
- We have an Employee Assistance Programme meaning you and your family have access to free and confidential 24-hour counselling and support
- We meet the cost of your DBS check
- You will receive full training and bi-monthly supervision
- You will have the option to study for a nationally recognised Diploma
- You will need to be a car driver and able to work evenings, weekends and sleep in support on a roster basis.
If you require any further information, please call the You First office on 0300 111 9999 or email Nathalie John by clicking here